Pages

May 5, 2013

Strawberry Yogurt Holy Goodness of the Earth Bundt Cake.

 Yeah, it was THAT good.
At least I thought so. Maybe it was because I made it myself from scratch and got to use my bundt pan for the first time.
And the fact that I probably ate HALF of that sinfully delicious masterpiece by myself.
image 

Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
3 Tb. lemon juice, divided
Zest of 1 lemon
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
8 oz. plain Greek yogurt
12 oz. fresh strawberries, diced
1 cup powdered sugar

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan (10-15 cup pan.) Sift together the 2 ¼ cups of flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
  2. With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 1 Tb. lemon juice. Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated.
  3. Toss the strawberries with the remaining ¼ cup of flour. Gently mix them into the batter.
  4. Pour the batter into the Bundt pan. Place in the oven and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
  5. Allow to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Once cooled whisk together the remaining 2 Tb. of lemon juice and the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of the cake.
  6. Eat your heart out. And your self-esteem.  

This recipe was originally found here.


Tennessee Honey

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Well, now I'm starving and it's only 8:50AM. hAHA :)

Darcel {MahoganyWayMama} said...

That looks delicious! Would go perfect with my morning coffee. Wanted to let you know that I gave you a shout on my blog today. http://themahoganyway.com/welcome-may-sponsors-and-friends/

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the gif of Joey!!! Cracks me up!

Rachel Easley said...

OMG! Strawberry cakes are my absolute most favorite!! That looks amazing. I'm definitely going to have to make it. Nice job!

LEIGH said...

Oh this looks super delicious!

Up to Date Interiors said...

Looks yummy! hilarious clip of Joey.

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy! I will definitely give this recipe to The Gent (my husband) because he does all the cooking in our house. Thank goodness! LOL I came in via the Southern Girl Blogging community.

Emily Hagedorn said...

This looks AMAZING! I'm going to pin this and put it on my to-do list.

Emily
The Em Dash
www.theemdash.com

tara simone said...

This looks so goooodddd! I don't really cook, but when I do it's mostly cakes and other sweets (my little sister is our in-home chef). If I don't try this, I'll let her give it a shot.

Aubrey S. said...

I think that I might have everything to make this in my fridge right now. So this might be showing up for Mother's Day.

Rebooting Myself said...

WOW that looks absolutely delicious!!!

prototypemama said...

This looks so tasty! I would love for you to come and link up to That's Fresh Friday and share!

www.prototypemama.com

Kita said...

I am not a fan of yogurt but this looks so good I may become a fan.