Pages

October 2, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up [tons of pics]

I know, I know....it's Tuesday. 

But better late than never, right?! 

This weekend was super busy.

Friday night, Dougie and I went on a DATE!! An actual "no kids around" date! I even wore a dress! I know....get out. But for real, it was so nice to be able to spend time with him alone. We went out to eat at a local restaurant, searched the menu for 15 minutes, and ordered the same thing we always get there; a roast beef melt & fries for him and a turkey melt & fries for me:) SO good.  

Then we went to see House At The End of the Street starring Jennifer Lawrance! LOVE her. It was a pretty decent movie. It wasn't what I was expecting either. 

***I'm so bad. I didn't take any pictures of our date night.***

Saturday we went to our best friends' twins' birthday party at the park! 
Ya'll...this was the cutest little party!
The theme was Disney Cars.



My best friend hand painted these boxes to resemble all the cars from the movie! Kenzie was Sally and Tucker was Tow-Mater! It was adorbs. They also did a little race!


I mean seriously. How cute is that?! And I love how "Tow-Mater" is backwards. Way to go son. LOL! 

Kenzie won a trophy for the race!! She was on top of the world. Birthday party trophy = Olympic Gold Medal in a 4 year old's eyes. :)
 
She also had the cutest activities: throwing bean bags into tires and Ramone's tattoo station!

 
This is why we are best friends. :)

Cars straws!

The kids had a blast playing at the park, too.


My little monkeys! I couldn't believe how well Tucker could climb those bars.

 After the party, we went to visit Doug's grandmother in the nursing home. Kenzie was a cool cat, as usual.

Then we went to a couple's shower for my sister-in-law that night. Tucker slept through the entire thing (thank goodness) and Kenzie helped Tara with the games. 
 
We played the Newlywed game. 
Doug and I lost.
Eh.


 Sunday was my sister-in-law's last wedding shower. 
Me and Bethany (the bride-to-be)
I made cookie dough dip because it tastes like heaven.
 We played games, like this one where we had the bride to be blindfolded and put on her "wedding night attire". 
Hilarious
 It was a great turn out and everyone had a good time.



 It was an exciting, fun-filled weekend and I'm so blessed to have such great family and friends to have spent it with!



3 comments:

Ashley said...

love the pictures!! Looks like a great weekend! I'd love a date night I sure need one.

Sarah said...

It looks like you had such a great weekend! I LOVE those boxes as cars characters, I adore that movie!

I am your newest follower :)

Unknown said...

You are so sweet. I am glad the kids had a good time. That is why I spent the time to put it together...so they could have a good time. I love you! And yes, this is why we are best friends. :D